Want to create an organization system that’s easy to maintain? Organizing with baskets is the smartest way to conquer clutter, have a place for everything, and get organized once and for all.
Organizing with Baskets
Using baskets for organization has many advantages over using other types of containers. Here’s some benefits of using baskets to organize:
- Eliminate visual clutter – When everything is stored away in a basket, you aren’t constantly seeing the visual clutter of the contents inside. This creates a calming effect on your space.
- Set limits – The size of your basket dictates how much stuff you’re able to keep. So, if you have a craft basket that’s overflowing with supplies, you know that it’s either time to declutter some of the items in your basket, or add an additional basket. Most of the time, a quick declutter will solve the problem!
- Make things easier to find – When you organize your belongings into baskets, you’ll designate individual baskets for specific uses. This makes everything easier to find, because all of your items will have a designated storage space. Add labels to your baskets, and that will make finding things even easier!
- Add beauty – Baskets can easily blend in with your home decor. Many baskets can serve as storage as well as beautiful statement pieces that give your home interior a warm, yet streamlined appearance.
Learn More About Organizing with Baskets
- The Best Type of Basket for Organization
- Basket Organization Ideas
- Favorite Baskets for Organizing Projects
- Baskets with Attached Lift-Up Lids
The Best Type of Basket for Organization
Have you ever wondered which types of bins, baskets, or boxes are the best for organizing stuff?
Of course, I think using pretty baskets is the best, but the type of basket you choose is also important.
I’ve been watching people get organized for years now, and I’m always trying to improve our own home organization as our family grows and goes through different seasons of life.
But recently, I realized something kind of amazing (yet so simple!) that kind of blew me away.
People tend to PROPERLY use bins/baskets/containers WITHOUT lids much more than containers that do have lids.
I’ve even noticed this in myself – if I can easily toss something into a basket, I’ll do it.
But if I have to detach a lid to put something inside, often I’ll just stick the item on top of the bin and promise myself that I’ll put it away later.
And I think we all know that later almost never comes. At least not until I have had it with the mess and decide to do yet another big tidy.
Of course, there are situations where you really need lids. Like, in your garage, or in an area where you’re stacking bins on top of each other.
But, if you notice that you tend to put items on top of bins instead of just putting them inside the bin itself, try just taking the lid off the bin for a while and see how it goes!
If you decide that using containers without lids is much better for you, you might want to consider investing in baskets for organization and storage.
Basket Organization Ideas
Favorite Baskets for Organizing Projects
Baskets with Attached Lift-Up Lids
Normally I recommend using baskets without lids to make them easier to use.
But there’s one exception to this rule.
A basket with an attached lid is perfect for holding keys, sunglasses, and other items in your entryway!
We keep a lot of necessities on a nook shelf that we pass by on our way out of the house.
It’s the perfect place to store them, but having them out in the open creates an eyesore.
We bought a set of baskets with attached lids, and they’ve been the perfect storage solution for those odds and ends like our extra keys, fobs, and even our community pool pass in a plastic baggie.
We have a similar basket right next to our doorway that holds clean masks that we can grab before we head out.
Baskets with lids are good for concealing things you want to have handy, but don’t want to have to look at all the time!
White Storage Baskets – These plastic baskets are beautiful, durable, and washable. Perfect for storing anything that might leak, or get messy!