Want to create an organization system that’s easy to maintain? Organizing with baskets is the smartest way to conquer clutter, have a place for everything, and get organized once and for all.
Organizing with Baskets – Why It’s The Best Method
Using baskets for organization has many advantages over using other types of containers. Here’s some benefits of using baskets to organize:
- Eliminate visual clutter – When everything is stored away in a basket, you aren’t constantly seeing the visual clutter of the contents inside. This creates a calming effect on your space.
- Set limits – The size of your basket dictates how much stuff you’re able to keep. So, if you have a craft basket that’s overflowing with supplies, you know that it’s either time to declutter some of the items in your basket, or add an additional basket. Most of the time, a quick declutter will solve the problem!
- Make things easier to find – When you organize your belongings into baskets, you’ll designate individual baskets for specific uses. This makes everything easier to find, because all of your items will have a designated storage space. Add labels to your baskets, and that will make finding things even easier!
- Add beauty – Baskets can easily blend in with your home decor. Many baskets can serve as storage as well as beautiful statement pieces that give your home interior a warm, yet streamlined appearance.
Basket Organization Ideas
There are hundreds of ways you can clear clutter and get organized using baskets. Here are some ideas and organizing solutions that use baskets:
- Linen Closet Organization with Baskets – a beautiful way to eliminate visual clutter and make everything easy to find!
- Organizing Baskets – Some of the best baskets you can use for organizing your home. You can find most of them on Amazon!
- The Sock Basket – a simple way to cut down on laundry time and organize your socks.
- Wire Basket Storage Ideas – add a touch of style to your organization strategy by using wire baskets!
- DIY Baskets for Storage – Cute and budget-friendly DIY baskets for storage that will help you create the perfect storage baskets for your space. Thrifty, unique ideas.
- Filing Baskets – Organize your paper and make it easily accessible by using filing baskets for paper storage.
Baskets for Organization
Here are some beautiful baskets you can find online that will help you get organized and beautify your space:
Large Seagrass Woven Basket with Handles – This is great for storing toys, or even extra blankets and throws in the family room.
Large Cotton Rope Handle Storage Basket – Perfect for storing extra linens, craft supplies, or toys.
Wire Storage Basket – These farmhouse-style baskets are great for storing items you don’t mind showing off! Great for pantry storage or beautiful linens.
White Storage Baskets – These plastic baskets are beautiful, durable, and washable. Perfect for storing anything that might leak, or get messy!
The Best Type of Basket for Organization
Have you ever wondered which types of bins, baskets, or boxes are the best for organizing stuff?
Of course, I think using pretty baskets is the best, but the type of basket you choose is also important.
I’ve been watching people get organized for years now, and I’m always trying to improve our own home organization as our family grows and goes through different seasons of life.
But recently, I realized something kind of amazing (yet so simple!) that kind of blew me away.
People tend to PROPERLY use bins/baskets/containers WITHOUT lids much more than containers that do have lids.
I’ve even noticed this in myself – if I can easily toss something into a bin, I’ll do it. But if I have to detach a lid to put something inside, often I’ll just stick the item on top of the bin and promise myself that I’ll put it away later.
And I think we all know that later almost never comes. At least not until I have had it with the mess and decide to do yet another big tidy.
Of course, there are situations where you really need lids. Like, in your garage, or in an area where you’re stacking bins on top of each other.
But, if you notice that you tend to put items on top of bins instead of just putting them inside the bin itself, try just taking the lid off the bin for a while and see how it goes!
If you decide that using containers without lids is much better for you, you might want to consider investing in baskets for organization and storage.
FREE 10-Minute Tasks to Help You Declutter & Organize!
Get realistic, easy decluttering & organizing task checklists delivered to your inbox each week when you sign up for the Organizing Moms newsletter. Join over 7,000 moms who want less stress, less mess, and a more organized life!