Looking for some playroom baskets to organize and transform your room? Organizing with baskets is a great way to tackle toy clutter.
Quick Links to Information in this Playroom Baskets Article
Playroom Baskets – top picks from Amazon!
Here’s a handful of playroom baskets that might be the perfect basket for your space. These baskets will help you maintain a cleaner space when your little ones aren’t in the playroom playing!
Give those toy trucks, baby dolls and building blocks a place to go. You will find incredible baskets that will help you utilize your space, free it of clutter, and offer an element of design. Here are the top picks of baskets perfect for playrooms.
- Metal Wall Mounted Shelves | these are such a versatile piece. From storing books, small toys, and more. The sky is the limit for these shelves, and they will last a long time.
- Foldable Cubes | I LOVE these. you can fold and tuck away when they are not being used for minimal space used. Then toss in building blocks, cars, doll clothes, etc. The sky is the limit for these easy cloth cubes.
- Cotton Rope Bin | Looking for a statement piece for your room? This extra large rope wrapped basket is gorgeous to look at, but also great for storing a lot of items in your playroom!
- Animal Themed Rectangle Basket | You can invest in some of these baskets, you will find they have different sizes and prints available. Options for a girl or boy rooms, as well as gender neutral.
- Laundry Basket Hamper | This style of hamper can be used for of course clothes, but you could also use it for tossing in toys. Whether it is stuffed animals, extra blankets and pillows, etc.
- Woven Nesting Baskets | This set of woven baskets is a classic piece to showcase in the room, to kind of hide the toys, and give it a clean and modern look.
- Lattice Baskets | These striped baskets are a great one to have on hand. They are a great size for using to stuff in toys or even books. Then let your little ones help pick up and load the baskets easily, without it being too heavy.
- Large Storage Bin | Another great option with a really modern and clean look. Foldable bin that is great for stuffing a ton of toys in to hide them from eyesight.
- Large Rope Basket | This larger basket is a shorter style basket perfect for little toddlers to easily access the toys inside when they get to play in their room!
- Tall Rope Basket | Here is another rope basket that is a stunning piece. Great to tuck in a corner of your playroom to stash extra toys for a clean and open look.
How Do You Set Up a Playroom?
First of all, a “playroom” doesn’t have to be a room.
If you’re in a small space, you may have a play area in part of your living room.
So, whether you have a dedicated room, or a dedicated space, you’ll want to set up the space in a way that’s easy for kids to access and put away their toys.
For inspiration, I always like to look at how teachers set up their classrooms.
You’ll see that they use cubbies, storage bins, and bookcases to organize toys, crafts, and art supplies.
They label baskets and fabric bins so it’s easy for their students to find the items they want to play with, and it’s easy for them to know where to put things away during cleanup time.
Organizing A Playroom
Playrooms need constant upkeep and modifications as your children go through different developmental stages.
Teaching your children to help keep their toys organized and picked up will save you a lot of time and energy.
But, you need to create a straightforward system organizational system that children can easily use.
By starting with a good plan and communicating it to your whole family, you’ll have a much easier time maintaining toy organization.
When setting up and organizing a playroom, take the opportunity to declutter toys your children no longer play with.
According to a UCLA study, “The U.S. has 3.1% of the world’s children, but consumes 40% of the world’s toys.” (source)
It’s likely that you have a lot of toys that are just taking up space.
As you put toys into baskets and bins, get rid of the toys your family isn’t using.
If your children are old enough, they can help you identify which toys are most important to them, and which ones they could give away to younger children who would enjoy them.
How do you create a playroom that will grow with your child?
Try to use furniture and baskets that aren’t specific for younger children. That way you can continue to use them as your children get older.
A cube shelving unit with fabric bins and baskets is great for organizing toys by category.
As your children get older, they’ll play with smaller toys. To keep them organized, you can put small plastic drawers inside of the cube organizer and still have everything easily accessible.
If you plan to make any purchases for the playroom, invest in quality essentials that you could use in a playroom or in a “game room” for teens.
More Playroom Organization Ideas
- Easy Playroom Storage Ideas That’ll Save Your Sanity
- Realistic Playroom Organization and Toy Storage Ideas
- The Best Toy Storage Solutions on Amazon
- Step-by-Step Toy Room Organization
Using Baskets for Organization
Organizing with baskets helps you contain clutter, while adding decorative touches to your home. Here are some more ideas for using baskets for organization:
- Smart Ideas for Organizing with Baskets– Hundreds of options for organizing with baskets in your home or office.
- The Best Organizing Baskets for Any Room In Your Home
GET ACCESS TO MY FREE PRINTABLES LIBRARY!
Subscribe (free!) and I'll send you the password to access my library filled with printables, checklists, guides, and more to help you declutter and get organized! The Playroom Clean-Up Checklist is included in the printables library.