Things you can do to make the chore of wrapping gifts more pleasant. Nine ideas for ways to make wrapping presents more fun.
You may also like:
- Clutter-Free Gift Ideas – a collection of lists of different types of gifts for everyone on your list.
- How to Get Your Christmas Shopping Done in a Weekend
- Things to Stop Doing This Christmas
Even though wrapping presents can be a lot of fun, it turns into a daunting task when you have a lot of things to wrap.
Most of us are wrapping gifts when our kids or family aren’t around, and trying to stay under cover adds to the stress of the project.
Once you have some time set aside for wrapping gifts, whether it’s an evening, an hour, or even 15 minutes here and there, here are some things you can do to make wrapping presents more fun:
Ways to Make Wrapping Presents More Fun
- Make sure you have enough supplies (wrapping paper, gift bags, tissue, tape, gift tags, scissors, etc.) before you begin. Nothing is more frustrating than running out of stuff when you’re on a roll with wrapping. Before you settle in to wrap everything, make sure you’ve got everything you need.
- Enjoy your favorite beverage while you work. Coffee, hot chocolate, wine, a huge sugary soda – get something that will make wrapping feel like part-reward for you!
- Catch up on your favorite shows or watch a movie while you’re wrapping gifts. This will make the time go by faster, and you’ll feel like you’re doing something fun.
- Listen to an audiobook while you work. I love listening to audio books with my Audible subscription because it syncs between my different devices. Audible is also a great gift idea for almost everyone on your list (and much easier to wrap!).
- If you’re not wrapping gifts last minute, set a goal for how many presents you want to wrap before you quit for the day. That makes the project seem less daunting. And it’s nice to know when the end is near.
- Wrap big presents first. That way you’ll make sure you have enough wrapping paper to cover them. You’ll also feel like you’re getting more accomplished, simply because the gifts look bigger!
- Frustrated or burnt out? Bust out the gift bags (or pick some up from a dollar store). Gift bags are a quick, easy, and attractive option if you don’t want to wrap any more stuff. And, you can save them for next year! You could also use gift boxes in the same way.
Related: How to Organize Your Christmas Decorations the Easy Way
- Invite some friends over to wrap with you. It’s nice to have the company, and you can all get your present wrapping done together.
- Chat with a friend via speakerphone, Skype or FaceTime while you wrap gifts. You can plan to wrap presents together, or you can just chat while you’re wrapping presents.
Take Steps to Make the Process Nicer for You!
If you’re reading this article, I’m guessing you’re probably the one that did most of the shopping, picking out gifts, buying wrapping paper, etc. And, you’re probably responsible for a million other things during this time of the year.
It’s okay to treat yourself and make wrapping gifts feel less like a chore. You deserve it!
More Gift Ideas
- Clutter Free Gifts – a huge list of specific ideas that won’t add to the clutter in everyone’s house!
- Useful Gift Ideas for People Who Are Downsizing
- Gift Ideas for the Person Who Already Has Everything