Easy, manageable home organization projects you can get done in a day (or less). These simple organizing projects will bring calm to your home and give you a sense of accomplishment.
Organizing can be an awesome stress reliever.
Having clean, uncluttered spaces in your home helps you think more clearly, not be as distracted, and feel more peaceful.
But, taking on a big overwhelming organization project can actually have the opposite effect.
Instead of making you feel more calm and in-control, big organization projects can be chaotic and stress-inducing.
If you’ve been wanting to get organized at home, doing smaller, more manageable projects can help you reap the benefits of getting organized without feeling overwhelmed.
Easy Home Organization Projects You Can Do In a Day
Want the feeling of accomplishment that comes with finishing an organization project?
Plan to do just one project a day, and make sure it’s small.
I like to plan projects that will last 2-3 hours max.
Here are some home organization project ideas that you can do in a day (or less):
- Declutter and organize your laundry area. You probably have to spend a lot of time in this space. Make it nice!
- Declutter and organize a junk drawer.
- Organize your pantry. Take everything out, and group like items together. Put everything back into the pantry with groups so you can see how much of each item you have.
- File all of the papers in your “to be filed” pile.
- Organize your closet. Put away out of season clothing, and declutter the clothes you no longer wear.
- Organize your linen closet.
- Organize under your kitchen sink.
- Declutter and organize your nightstand.
- Organize a drop zone for your coats, shoes, and bags.
- Go through all of your socks. Get rid of the socks that no longer have mates. Start a sock basket.
- Organize your spice drawer.
- Clean out your purse or backpack.
- Organize your office space for maximum efficiency.
- Organize your freezer. Group like items together so you can easily see how much you have of each item.
- Organize your kitchen cabinets. Just do 3-4 cabinets at a time so it doesn’t become overwhelming.
- Declutter your garage. Get rid of anything you no longer need.
- Create a home management plan that works for you. Go here and get the free workbook in the post to help you get started.
- Spend 2-3 hours going through your child’s artwork, memory boxes, etc. Take photos of items you want to discard.
- Write out your meal plan for the week. Try to use items you already have on hand to save money and clear out space in your pantry, fridge, and freezer.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Put items back in the fridge according to category. Use labels to help you stick to your new organization system.
- Declutter and organize your craft supplies.
- Organize your bathroom vanity area.
- Set up an organized coffee station in your kitchen.
- Declutter and clean out your car.
- Organize your dresser drawers.
Pick and choose the organization projects you think will have the biggest impact on your space.
Do one small project today from start to finish, and enjoy the results!
More Home Organization Ideas
- How to Organize Your Home – 30+ Organizing Ideas
- The Best Organizing Baskets for Any Room in Your Home
- Organizing Your Office with Stuff You Already Have