We’re just a few days away from the new year, and many of us are thinking of positive changes we’d like to make in 2017. The new year gives us a chance to reflect, celebrate, and plan for all that we’re dreaming about for 2017.
This year, why not set some easy-to-achieve goals that will impact your overall health and happiness? I’m not talking about strict diets, marathon training, or extreme goal setting. Just some changes you can make slowly over time.
Happy Mom Habits
We’re all busy, and sometimes it’s tough to take just a few minutes for ourselves. But, if we can incorporate a few new habits into our daily routines, it could have a huge impact!
Here are some ideas for totally do-able Happy Mom Habits you could incorporate in 2017:
- Drink more water. This is one of my big Happy Mom Habits for this year. I’m using my daily to-do sheet as a way to help me track my water intake.
- Get outside and walk. Even if it’s just for ten minutes, a walk outside can do wonders!
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. If I’m not careful about this, I can go all day without eating any produce! My goal is to have at least 5 servings a day.
- Put down the cell phone. Being on our phones all the time is a huge energy drainer. If you can, put your cell phone in a certain place in your home, and stop checking it so much! I’ve been putting mine on the kitchen counter and checking it periodically to make sure I haven’t missed any important calls. This is easier for me to do when everyone is home – when my husband or kids are out of the house, I feel like I need to be on-call in case of emergency. These cell phones are a blessing and a curse!
- Declutter a little bit every day. I’m working on decluttering for 10 minutes each day. It’s not a ton of work, and it makes a difference in the craziness of our house.
- Take time to do something relaxing. I love to read fiction, but if given the choice, I’ll always choose something non-fiction. This year, I want to read more fun stories. I’m also going to take time to do something creative like coloring or trying new recipes.
- Focus on getting more sleep. Here’s a huge list of ideas that could help you get some more shut-eye this year.
I’m still in the process of finalizing which Happy Mom Habits to focus on in the new year.