Before we begin, here are the guidelines for the entire challenge. They will keep your from feeling overwhelmed. They apply to today’s task too:
Guidelines for the Spring Cleaning for Busy Moms Challenge
- Focus on progress, not perfection. We’re not going for Pinterest-worthy images. We just want our homes to look and feel a little bit better.
- Each task should only take 30 minutes. If you want to work for longer, you can. But, if you really dedicate a good 30 minutes to the challenge each day, you’ll see great progress. Don’t work so long that you’re completely burnt out.
- Hydrate while you work. It will make you feel better, give you energy, and keep you going.
- Plan a reward for finishing each daily task. Help yourself stay motivated.
- It’s okay to miss a day. Sick kids, vacations, and busy days happen. If you want, you can make it up on the weekend, or on a day when one of the tasks doesn’t apply to you.
- The challenge isn’t designed to be done in a certain order. If you miss a day, or if one of the tasks doesn’t apply to you, just go ahead and start again with the next activity.
- Join our Facebook group for support. Share your before and after photos, talk with others, and make new friends!
Now, on to the microwaves…
How to Clean Your Microwave the Easy Way
- Set your timer for 30 minutes.
- Fill a bowl with water and a few teaspoons of white vinegar.
- Microwave the bowl filled with water & vinegar for three minutes.
- After three minutes, check to see if the surfaces inside the microwave are moist. If they aren’t, microwave again for a few more minutes. If they are moist, go to step #5.
- Wipe out the microwave with a washcloth or paper towel. This should be easy if the inside of the microwave is moist.
- Use coffee filters to cover your food from now on. They will keep food from splattering all over the place when you microwave. I buy the basket coffee filters when I see a good sale, and I use them to cover my food when microwaving it. It’s cheaper than using paper towels to cover your food, and it’s safer than using plastic.***Use caution when cleaning your appliances. Read your owner’s manual before cleaning to make sure you’re not doing anything that could cause damage Be careful, and be happy with your clean microwave! ***
Don’t worry if you don’t get through all of the above tasks. Remember – anything you do during this challenge is making your home a more-organized place! You’re making progress, and that’s not always easy to do. Way to go!
Want to be notified of any new articles posted to Organizing Moms? Sign up for the Organizing Moms newsletter!
FREE 10-Minute Tasks to Help You Declutter & Organize!
Get realistic, easy decluttering & organizing task checklists delivered to your inbox each week when you sign up for the Organizing Moms newsletter. Join over 8,000 moms who want less stress, less mess, and a more organized life!