If you’re having guests over for the holidays, it’s a good idea to start working at getting it company-ready now. Even if you don’t have a dedicated guest room in your home, it’s a good idea to be prepared with the things your guests will need during their stay.
Everyone’s home and situation is different, but here are some things you might want to do to prepare for guests:
Things to Do to Prepare for Guests
- Wash sheets and linens for the guests.
- Make sure you have towels, washcloths, and hand towels for guests.
- Have toiletries available for guests (hotel freebies are great for this).
- Vacuum or sweep your guest room.
- Find a way to easily display (or have available) your wi-fi password.
- If you know your guests like certain foods or drinks, stock up on them.
- Do a thorough cleaning of your bathroom.
- Remove any extra items from your guest room to make more space (I totally need to do this one!)
What other things do you need to do to get ready for company?
During October, Organizing Moms will feature 31 things you can do to prepare for the holidays. Preparing for the holidays can be a lot of fun, and it can help you get things done in advance so you can enjoy the holidays more.
However, if you do try to do all of the things in this series in real-time, you might drive yourself crazy. If you want to follow along and complete the tasks, that’s completely fine, but no pressure. This is supposed to be fun, and help you prepare. If you want to skip some things, skip them!
A better approach would be to read along with the series, and use the things that you think would be helpful to you. Bookmark the Preparing for the Holidays page so you can reference it later.
To see links to all of the posts in the series, go to the Preparing for the Holidays page. If you’d like to get regular updates from the series delivered to your inbox, sign up for the Organizing Moms newsletter!