Need cleaning motivation? These simple tips will help you get motivated to clean so you can enjoy a neat and tidy home.
There is nothing more relaxing and satisfying than looking around at a clean and organized home.
However, getting to that point can be challenging. It’s hard to know where to begin or how to begin.
What if you don’t feel like it? What if you just can’t find the motivation to clean?
Are you feeling overwhelmed by mess? If so, you don’t want to miss these cleaning motivation tips.
I’ve compiled a list of the very best ideas to help you get motivated to clean even if you feel like you have zero energy or motivation to begin.
Keep reading to discover the very best cleaning motivation tips and begin cleaning and organizing your home today.
Keeping a clean and organized home can be a lot of work!
When you’re a busy mom, it’s easy for cleaning to fall to the bottom of your chore list.
Let’s face it, after a long day of #momlife, we sometimes don’t have the energy to clean. The dirt accumulates and we aren’t sure where to begin, so we lose motivation.
If you’re struggling to find cleaning motivation and you’re not sure where to begin, you’ve come to the right place.
Getting Motivated When You Feel Overwhelmed
Did you know that clutter can actually make you feel depressed? Clutter and dirt stresses us out, so why is it so hard to get motivated?
Those feelings of stress often lead to overwhelm and when we get overwhelmed by mess, we tend to avoid getting started.
If that’s how you’re feeling about cleaning your home, don’t worry. Keep reading to discover the very best cleaning motivation ideas to help you get started on your journey to a clean and organized home.
20 Best Cleaning Motivation Tips
These awesome hacks will help you find the cleaning motivation you’ve been searching for. Get ready to bypass procrastination and save lots of time and energy with these cleaning motivation tips and shortcuts:
- Play upbeat music for cleaning motivation.
- Make a cleaning dancing playlist to get you moving.
- Watch cleaning motivation videos on Youtube to get you excited about cleaning.
- Set a time on your phone and spend just 20 minutes a day cleaning.
- Start with just one task each day, to avoid feeling overwhelmed,
- Reward yourself! A little positive reinforcement can go a long way.
- Invite a friend over to help or have a cleaning party.
- Try using a new cleaning product or a new scented version as you clean.
- Make it a daily habit. For example, if you commit to loading the dishwasher after breakfast, it will become a cleaning habit to get you started.
- Plan a party. Some of our best cleaning motivation comes when we are preparing to have guests.
- Download a new podcast or audio book to listen to as you clean.
- Build self care into your cleaning routine by using a face mask while you clean.
- Put it on the calendar. Scheduling time to clean can be excellent cleaning motivation.
- Go for visual impact. You can begin by making your first cleaning task something you’ll notice to get you motivated to keep going.
- Pick out organizers or storage containers, so you’ll have places to store your items.
- Start with a task you don’t totally hate to maintain your cleaning motivation.
- Use a chore chart or make a cleaning checklist.
- Don’t be a perfectionist. When you’re only cleaning for a short amount of time each day, don’t get overwhelmed feeling like everything needs to be perfect.
- Feel free to switch tasks when you feel like it. If you’re sick of laundry, there’s no reason you can’t move on to a new task and keep your cleaning motivation intact.
- Begin when you have the most energy. If you’re a morning person, don’t wait until it’s dark to begin cleaning.
Sometimes the hardest part of cleaning is getting motivated to get it done. Trying some of these cleaning motivation tips will help you begin.