Are you getting ready for a trip to the beach? If you’re like most moms, preparing for trips takes a lot of work and advanced-preparation.
One way to streamline the process of packing for any trip is to keep a list of items that you always need to bring with you saved on your computer. However, unless you’re traveling to the beach or a place with a pool, you might not need beach-specific items.
Here are some of the things we’ve brought with us on recent trips:
Organizing What To Bring When Traveling to the Beach With Kids
- Floppy, waterproof hats and sunglasses. I found some great hats at Costco this year, but I always order sunglasses from Amazon.
- Crocs for the pool. Watershoes for the beach.
- Sunscreen. We order a 3-pack of spray sunscreen and a sunscreen stick. That usually lasts us for a whole trip, and everyone in our family uses the same sunscreen (even though we buy the stuff that’s formulated for kids).
- Plastic utensils and cups. This is especially important if you’ll be eating on the go, or staying in a hotel.
- Stuff for easy hotel-room meals: Easy Mac cups, Cheerios cups, applesauce pouches, mandarin oranges, shelf-stable milk.
- One or two toys. The last time we traveled, we brought a new Cars Duplo set, and it kept our kids occupied in our hotel room. We also let the kids play with some of the items in their carry-on bags.
- Two swimsuits and swim shirts for each child. Just in case one suit gets ruined, it’s nice to have a backup. Swimming suits can be an expensive purchase if you’re buying it from a hotel.
- Beach toys. If you have room in your suitcase, it’s nice to bring these along for the beach. You can also play with plastic cups – they’re great for making really neat sand castles!
For more packing organization ideas, check out these posts:
I hope these ideas helped! If you’d like to receive more organizing tips in your inbox, please subscribe to the Organizing Moms newsletter!
FREE 10-Minute Tasks to Help You Declutter & Organize!
Get realistic, easy decluttering & organizing task checklists delivered to your inbox each week when you sign up for the Organizing Moms newsletter. Join over 8,000 moms who want less stress, less mess, and a more organized life!