Before we begin, here are the guidelines for the entire challenge. They will keep your from feeling overwhelmed. They apply to today’s task too:
Guidelines for the Spring Cleaning for Busy Moms Challenge
- Focus on progress, not perfection. We’re not going for Pinterest-worthy images. We just want our homes to look and feel a little bit better.
- Each task should only take 30 minutes. If you want to work for longer, you can. But, if you really dedicate a good 30 minutes to the challenge each day, you’ll see great progress. Don’t work so long that you’re completely burnt out.
- Hydrate while you work. It will make you feel better, give you energy, and keep you going.
- Plan a reward for finishing each daily task. Help yourself stay motivated.
- It’s okay to miss a day. Sick kids, vacations, and busy days happen. If you want, you can make it up on the weekend, or on a day when one of the tasks doesn’t apply to you.
- The challenge isn’t designed to be done in a certain order. If you miss a day, or if one of the tasks doesn’t apply to you, just go ahead and start again with the next activity.
- Join our Facebook group for support. Share your before and after photos, talk with others, and make new friends!
On to the countertops…
How to Deep Clean Countertops Without Making a Huge Mess
- Set your timer for 30 minutes.
- Figure out what you need to use to clean your countertops. Different surfaces require different cleaners. You probably know what yours needs, but if not, you could try hot, soapy water.
- Pick a 2-3 foot section of your countertops, and take everything off of it. Use your cleaner to deep clean that area. Really make sure you get all of the nastiness off.
- Once a 2-3 foot area is clean, put everything back on the counter, and move on to a different section. Do the same thing – remove everything, clean, and put it back.
- Repeat this process until your countertops are clean, or your 30 minutes are up.
Don’t worry if you don’t get through all of the above tasks. Remember – anything you do during this challenge is making your home a more-organized place! You’re making progress, and that’s not always easy to do. Way to go!
Want to be notified of any new articles posted to Organizing Moms? Sign up for the Organizing Moms newsletter!