Start here, friend!
Do you have larger items that you need to declutter? Are you unable to remove it from your home by yourself? Or, are you just wondering where you can take larger items that you need to get rid of?
Here are some ideas for figuring out how to declutter large items:
How to Declutter Large Items
- Post it for sale online, and include buyer pickup as a condition for the sale. This way, you get rid of the item, you make a little cash, and you don’t have to move it. If you’re unable to move the item by yourself, make sure that your buyer brings someone to help out. Always remember to be safe when having strangers come to your home.
- Donate the item to a charity that will pick it up. Call around and see if there are any charities that could use your item. If it’s in demand, they might even be able to pick it up at your home.
- List the item on Freecycle or in a Buy Nothing group. Just like when you’re selling an item, be careful about having strangers come to your home, and make arrangements for extra help with moving if necessary.
- Call your local waste management provider. They may have some local options for getting rid of larger items.
- Hire a service to pick up the items. When we did our last move, we knew we didn’t want to bring our old, enormous TVs with us. Although we tried to get rid of them using the methods above, no one wanted the TVs. We ended up having 1-800-GOT-JUNK pick up the items from our home. We had to pay for the service, but it was worth it! We truly could not move the TVs on our own because they were so heavy, and we needed to get them out of the house we had just sold. Click here to see if 1-800-GOT-JUNK services your area.
Have you ever decluttered large items from your home? How did you get them out of your house?