Do you remember certain things your family always did during the holiday season? Did your family have any traditions that you’d like to continue?
One way to enjoy the holidays more is to create simple holiday traditions for your family. One of my favorite traditions was reading “The Night Before Christmas” on Christmas Eve. I also loved my mom’s tradition of making all kinds of yummy Christmas treats during the holiday season.
Holiday traditions for your family don’t have to be complicated or expensive. If you’re just starting traditions, try to choose things that will be simple to implement, and will last as your children get older.
Here are some simple tradition ideas I’ve heard of that sound like fun:
- Decorating the tree as a family on the day after Thanksgiving.
- Watching a Christmas-themed movie each year. Here’s a list of holiday movies you can watch on Paramount Plus.
- Driving or walking around town to see Christmas lights.
- Eating Christmas treats on a certain night.
- Wearing Christmas pajamas.
- Going to a new movie on Christmas afternoon.
- Bringing small Christmas gifts to neighbors.
Creating new traditions for your family can be a lot of fun. Do you have any holiday traditions in your family?