Are you looking for some unique organizing tips that can make your life easier? Today’s guest post is filled with clever techniques for getting organized and simplifying home life.
Erin from Suburban Simplicity is sharing some home organization tips from her recent eBook, Simplicity @ Home.
If you’re looking for ways to Improve Your Home Organization without having to put a lot of time and effort into it, then these tips are going to work wonders for you!
Have you ever asked yourself the age old question, why can’t I get it all done? The answer is simple: you don’t have a system in place to help you get there. Once you put a system in place, even if it’s for just one thing on this list, you will see that life will start to flow a lot easier. Go ahead, give it a try, what have you got to lose?
- CREATE A CLEANING SCHEDULE. Creating a cleaning schedule and putting it in your planner or calendar helps keep track of household chores. Or it could be as simple as a cleaning chart you keep in your office or family command center.
- MAKE AHEAD MEALS AND BATCH COOKING. Use Sunday to plan for your week and make some meals ahead of time. Take a couple hours and cook some healthy recipes to serve throughout the week. Also, doubling a dinner recipe, freezing it and serving it the next week is much easier than making it twice!
- SHRED PAPERWORK AS YOU BRING IT INTO THE HOUSE. Paper accumulates. Get rid of it right as you bring it in the house. Have a shredder where you sort the mail and you’ve eliminated touching it more than once!
- SEND OUT BIRTHDAY CARDS ONCE A MONTH. At the beginning of the month check your calendar and buy card and gifts once. Address and mail them all at once. Yes, some will get their card/gift early, but better early than not at all.
- GET READY FOR THE MORNING THE NIGHT BEFORE. Breakfast, lunch, backpacks, homework, etc. can all be organized and laid out for the next day.
- UNIFY YOUR UTENSILS. Scrap any broken or unused gadgets. Remove what remains, wipe out the drawer and flatware holder and return utensils. Use drawer separators to keep them organized.
- DE-JUNK YOUR DRAWERS. Dump the contents onto the counter. Sort through them, putting like objects together. Use small plastic containers to store tiny sundries.
- EMBRACE THE DROP ZONE. It seems counterintuitive against the battle of clutter to create a place to pile stuff, but a dedicated spot for everyday items prevents your entire home from becoming overwhelming.
- PACK SNACKS FOR THE WEEK. – Packing snack bags for lunches and outings all at once saves time and makes mornings, or just getting out the door, much more efficient. Kids can help with this one too!
- ORGANIZE YOUR DIGITAL FILES. Delete old or unnecessary files. It’s almost impossible to avoid accumulating files on your computer that you don’t need any more. Not only can these files take up valuable space on your hard drive, they can also make it hard to find the file you’re looking for. If you haven’t accessed a file or program in a long time, consider whether or not it’s still needed.
Every tip on this list is sure to move you in the right direction and Improve Your Home Organization – making your life flow more smoothly. Want to learn more ways to simplify and enjoy your life? I’ve recently launched an eBook with lots of ways for you to do just that. Don’t miss out? Get your copy today!
FREE 10-Minute Tasks to Help You Declutter & Organize!
Get realistic, easy decluttering & organizing task checklists delivered to your inbox each week when you sign up for the Organizing Moms newsletter. Join over 5,800 moms who want less stress, less mess, and a more organized life!