Yesterday, we worked on creating our own gift wish lists. Today, we are going to create a gift shopping list for everyone we would like to get a present for this year.
Why Making a Gift Shopping List Is Super Smart
- It keeps you focused when you’re shopping. If you know you want to buy your best friend a nice travel mug that she can take with her on her morning commute, you won’t be as tempted to buy her a talking reindeer figurine that you just know she’ll think is hilarious.
- It helps you budget. When I shop without a list, I always think I’m not buying “enough.” With a list, I can also note the price of everything. It helps me hit the brakes on my spending.
- It makes it easier to find deals. If you know what you want to buy well in advance, you can watch out for sales, and use a smart online shopping strategy to save even more.
- It saves you time. Instead of battling the crowds right before the holidays, you can do your shopping in advance. You won’t wander the stores looking for good present ideas, because you’ll have a shopping plan before you even hit the stores.
How to Make a Gift Shopping List for Everyone You Want to Buy For
- Start by listing out everyone you want to get a gift for. Don’t forget to include neighbors, teachers, and anyone else you might want to give a small gift to.
- Next to each person you listed, write down the amount of money you want to spend.
- Under each person’s name, write down a few gift ideas. As you purchase gifts, you can cross them off your list and note how much you spent.
As you bring more gifts into your home, you’ll want to find a good place to store them. If you’re buying for your family, you might need a good hiding place!
Some people like to wait until the holiday season to wrap all of their presents. That way they don’t forget about what they are giving to each person. Others like to wrap presents as they get them, and remember what the gifts are by labeling them with the recipient’s name, and keeping their gift shopping lists as a record of what they bought.
Related: How to Organize Your Amazon Wish List
[…] Plan your gift giving. Make a list of all of the gifts you’d like to give during the holiday season. That way, you can start making homemade gifts or go shopping with a clear plan and a set budget. Be sure to include any plans for charitable giving and gifts for teachers, postmen, etc. […]
[…] Make a list. Just like Santa Claus, we need to make a list of everyone we want to buy for. That helps us stay within our budgets, and keeps all gift-giving information stored in one place. […]